Scammel Pioneer SV2S recovery tractor
The Scammell Pioneer was a British 6x4 tractor used in the Second World War as an artillery tractor, recovery vehicle, and tank transporter. Pioneers purchased by the British Army were equipped with a 102 bhp Gardner 6 cylinder diesel engine.
The first 43 recovery tractors delivered to the British Army from 1936 the British Army was designated the Pioneer SV/1S ] and the Pioneer SV/1T both with a 3-ton folding crane and lockers for recovery equipment and towing bars.
The Pioneer SV/2S introduced in 1938 had a simpler redesigned extending crane with greater lifting height, and remained in production throughout the war, with 1975 recovery tractors produced. A pair of tracks that could be fitted over the two rear wheels, converting it into a half-track with greater traction on soft ground. Many tractors were still used in military service long after WWII.
SV/2S recovery tractor
- 450+ plastic parts, with slide and multi-side slide-molded details
- faithfully reproduced and highly detailed chassis, winch, and jig crane
- accurately molded engine, cab, and interior with correctly sized details and shape
- plastic molded tires with the correct pattern as documented in period photos
- PE detail sheet, scale chains, and ropes included