The 1980 IFMA trade show in Cologne, Germany saw the debut of the Honda CX500, the world’s first turbocharged production motorcycle. The liquid-cooled V-twin engine was fitted with a turbo unit which was developed together with IHI (Ishikawajima-Harima Heavy Industries). In conjunction with Honda’s computerized fuel injection system, the 500cc engine produced an impressive 82hp. Other technical advances included a cowling which was designed through extensive wind tunnel testing, Honda’s unique Pro-Link rear suspension, and a 4-step adjustable anti nosedive front suspension. With its progressive design and excellent power, the CX500 was one of the most significant motorcycles ever produced.
- 1/12 scale assembly plastic model kit of the Honda CX500 Turbo, the world’s first turbo-charged production motorcycle.
- Length: 180mm, Width: 60mm, Height: 112mm
- The model features a highly detailed turbo-charged engine which helps you to understand the mechanisms of the turbo system.
- Metal screws are used to attach wheels and front forks for increased rigidity.
- Front and rear brake pipes as well as other cables are depicted with vinyl tubing.
- One-piece cowling features an integrated headlight.
- High-quality Cartograf markings included.